I unpacked the dozen pretty pearly Outlaw cables and the ICBM. I followed Gonk's excellent advice and connected the ICBM to a Toshiba SD9200 DVD-Audio player and Onkyo 797 THX receiver.

I connected the 2 subs to the Onkyo receiver, and haven't connected the outboard amp for channels 6+7 (back surrounds). Everything else is run through the ICBM. I heard DVD Audio for the first time tonight. It sounds incredible. However, I figure because the subs are not yet connected to the ICBM I'm not using the complete bass management capabilities of the unit.

The cables are very pretty but the ring locking connectors are a bit kludgy. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to remove them if I ever wanted to.

I'm going to run cables from the Onkyo preouts for the back surround speakers into a 2 into 1 desplitter and then into the ICBM and then out into the Toshiba DVD-A.

I want to run the pre-out subwoofer from the receiver into the ICBM and then use the stereo sub outs.

My question - if I do this, will the subwoofers work when I'm not using the Toshiba DVD-A?

Anyone tried this?

[This message has been edited by 2x6spds (edited October 12, 2002).]