Quote:
Originally posted by curegeorg:
dts is worth the entire cost of the extended edition if the original didnt have it. dts makes me want to cry i am so happy to hear it over dolby digital. i would think that dolby would have released a less compressed version to more directly compete with dts. i am glad to finally see more movies come out using dts, it speaks volumes as to the direction and education people have on audio.

For a previous discussion about Dolby Digital vs. DTS please refer to this thread:
http://ubb.outlawaudio.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000209.html

As you will read, not all DTS is made the same. Nor do I remember the final result being in favor of Dolby only. I think it's nice to have the choice when presented and also that the competition hopefully drives the competitors to provide a better product.

As I mentioned above, I think the extra film material on the Extended Editions outweigh the value of the DTS track. If you have yet to see these DVDs and consider yourself a home theater buff, you are doing yourself a considerable injustice. They represent some of the most amazing DVD releases yet.

[This message has been edited by Jason J (edited December 03, 2003).]