Who *needs* 200 watts going to a surround speaker?

I mean really, most surround speakers are silly little sound boxes that are fill; important for movies and SACD, but still fill. Who plays their surrounds full range - full program?

I know, I know. Your speakers are the finest speakers ever created and need, nay deserve, 200 watts (class A) each with 416 db of headroom. Uh huh.

Whose needs are met with a multichannel amp with 5 or 7 channels of the same power?

How about a multichannel with:

Two (2) channels of main power for the (gasp!) main speakers. You know, the left and right front speakers that produce, oh, nearly all the sounds you hear. Main power? How about 300 (or more) quality watts into 8 ohms with the aforementioned 416 db of headroom.

One (1) channel of less power, perhaps 150 watts, for the center channel which needs a decent amount of power for clean delivery of it's program material (predominantly vocals in movies or concert videos). Center channel needs quality sound, but not full program like the l/r front speakers.

Several (?) channels of even less power (60 - 120 watts) for the constellation of surround speakers which do less real work than a UAW employee.

BIG FREAKING POWER for the fronts, less for the surrounds. One chassis.

Signed,
Hypocrite with the same big, honking floor standing main speakers (Linn DMS) in front and surround duty; for now.