Just wanted to jump in and get my story out there.
I HAD the Pronto RC5200 remote. A good remote! Now after purchasing the MX 3000 I think the Pronto was a Great remote.
I was able to program the Pronto myself never had a problem with it, except that I had to continually operate it by battery. However it happen the docking station has malfunction.
I came into some money and was able to buy some new equipment. Speakers...B&W 804's and I decided to purchase a new remote.
While the MX does the job I thought that the Pronto was more friendly for my situation also more fun to use.
Big point I could program it myself the way I wanted, the macros the way I wanted.
The MX3000 has to be programed by someone in the know. I had someone from the audio store come out to the house for $85.00 an hour. It took three hours to hookup and program.
Do the math.
Impulse buying they call it.
Stupid mistake I call it.
Simplicity is the way to go.
I invested to much money in my remote an advise fellow Outlaws to stay away from such expensive toys.
Speakers....YES....if the finances are there it is a great move, likewise with other electronics. If you have the finances.
That does not mean that I think you should spend a $1000.00 for the likes of a Blu-Ray player if you have the cash.
Think before you invest.
I guess I am not the only one out there who has made unnecessary purchases but I wish I had the know how to program my MX3000 perhaps I would not feel as bad as I do.
B&W 803D2’s HTM3S DS7's
HSU Subwoofer
Mitsubishi 6800 Projector
Da-Lite Screen,
Oppo BDP93
Comcast
PS Audio DSD
Stack Variac
Kill-O-Watt
Nakamichi cables Audio 8 cables
Air-Server
Mac-Mini