Quote:
Originally posted by gonk:
When you can get something like this for $40, it's probably hard to justify the expense of building that into a surround processor.
About has hard to justify as building it into a PS3. The problem with that solution is your building another network. My is not hardwired and would be too difficult to do. I have a central router (home built) with a few access points and repeaters. My home network is primarily wireless with only the office hardwired. I could do your solution with a bride, but I really don't want to go out and buy another router, switch or access point. Not when I've seen how easy it is with the PS3. Built in wireless makes sense and isn't that much of a cost for OEM's.

I've read numerous forums where people do not plan to use ethernet because their home isn't setup for it. They don't want to deal with the hassle of setting up a bridge. Having it built-in with a switch is a cost I'm willing to pay for if it was available. I'd be stoked. One less piece of equipment I need to buy.

But I haven't seen anyone do it. Funny thing is, every company wants you to hook up your home theater to the web, but their isn't really a clean solution unless you are hardwired, which will never happen in my house. To much overhead for that.