What we are really asking for is what I have heard called a PC home theatre unit. If we were going to design a system for ease of hookup why would we not make a Pre/Pro that only get input from something similiar to a laptop which is wireless for all other components. That way all the other components could output wirelessly into the laptop and it would feed the Pre/Pro which would still output to an amp. Does anyone know of a wireless card which would accept the output from a OPPO BDP-83 and feed to a laptop much like my wireless home network functions now. If you had such a setup you could extend the output from the amp and make wireless speakers each with their own amplifiers. It would completely eliminate the wires and make it possible to use any piece of equipment anywhere in you house and you could set your equipment up in a closet. The remote would be something like a iPhone with wireless access to your home theater. If we look around a little bit I'll bet we can eliminate all of the equipment we now have and replace it with all new stuff that has a whole new set of problems. Anyone know if this equipment already exists. All of this sounds like it could be done right now, kinda like your grand dads system in the 50s when they started the Hi Fi craze, Eh?

TV System
Large Advent Loudspeakers/ Polk center/Monoprice surrounds/Panasonic Viera 42 inch/Onkyo HT-RC260/Sony BDP S590/Directv

Home Theater System
Onkyo PR-SC886/Outlaw 7125 Klipsch RF-82 L/R,RC-62 center, RB-35 SR/SL, BENQ HT1075, Outlaw LFM1-EX/OPPO BDP-83/Directv
Harmony ONE
Blue Jeans and Monoprice interconnects
APC H15 Power Conditioner