I've got mixed feelings about a device like this. On the one hand, having a way to directly see lots of information from my processor right in my hand seems really cool. On the other hand, you start getting into a situation where that device is trying to replace a good universal remote, and that's a tough nut to crack - each person has different preferences, and there are several companies that cater solely to those different preferences with great effectiveness (Philips Pronto, Logitech Harmony, and URC being the big three in that regard). Adding cost for something like this will end up hurting some people who already have an ideal remote solution and don't need to pay for it.

Here's what this idea does make me think about: network connectivity. Allow a user to connect a network cable and see what's happening in their processor through a web client or a custom app, and you can offer all of these capabilities as a completely separate purchase (either a little network device or an app for something like an iPhone).