Quote:
Originally posted by garcianc2003:
This might be too gimmicky for Outlaw but, how about making the faceplate removable and make it so you can use it as a touchscreen remote too? It could also be rechargeable when it's back on the unit.

Anyway, mark my words. This will be the next "must have" feature for the Big Box store systems as more people get into home theater and manufactures are looking for the wow factor to stand out.
Ahem... it feels good to have a good hunch every once in a while...

As hinted in this Tech Week article in May 2008, Sunfire and Elan had teamed up to integrate their technologies. I believe that the two companies actually merged, but I am not sure if that went through. Anyway, Bob Carver himself has worked very closely with Elan, from what I hear.

I am now hearing that the new Sunfire Theatre Grand processor (TGP-401) will include a new version of Elan's Olé XL Film Interactive Technology touchpad , which is being called the Olé 2XL which will show "now playing" and other information from the processor right on the touchpad's 2.1" OLED screen which will act as the remote for the TGP-401 and will be programable/customizable. The TGP-401 will be the only A/V receiver in the world with this type of technology.

Edit: another person told me that he thinks the touchpad will only be for the zone 2 stuff. So I guess the rumor is what I would call "fluid". Also, this is all second-hand info and the model numbers, etc. might all be different in the end. Oh yes, and I have no affiliation with either company.

Edit 2: I found a link that has a video from back in January showing the TGP-401 connected to the XL model of the touchpad.