Quote:
One final suggestion I'd have is to not bother with a really good high-end remote.
I really must heartily agree with this idea, for several reasons. First, there are any number of buyers who will have already invested (both money and time) in getting and setting up a third-party universal remote and who will simply load the new processor's codes into that, making the added cost of a really high-end remote wasted on them. Second, what defines a really good universal remote varies from person to person. Harmony's remotes are a great fit for some, while others will prefer Universal Remotes, Pronto, Sony or a JP1. If you attach any one of those to your product as a value add ("check out our great universal remote!"), the people who would choose the others if given the choice are going to be dissatisfied.

Finding a good remote for you and your system is something that can be hugely beneficial. I'm actually in the process of contemplating just such a change (looking to get RF support to eliminate the issue of "aiming") and have been mulling over several different options - weighing not only cost but also ease of use for the family and ease of programming for me. (And might I just add, what was URC thinking when the created the software for the MX-810?...)