I second nfaguys' take on this: THX was valuable at one time, but the benefits today are much reduced - especially considering the price premium that would be associated with it.
Quote:
Come to think of it, I haven't seen many home movies with THX.... But then if there's no content, what's the point.
THX doesn't have "content" as far as home theater users are concerned - even THX-certified titles don't include any different data, they just have been through an evaluation process designed to verify audio and video quality. THX certification of surround processors does include some additional processing modes, but that operates the same was as Pro Logic II/IIx or Logic7 does - applied downstream of basic Dolby Digital or DTS decoding.
Quote:

I think I mainly have a bug in my butt because the speakers are THX certified and I think it would be cool to have a fully THX system.
If you have THX certified speakers, that tells you where to set your crossover: 80Hz. That's about as much synergy as you'll get between processor (THX or otherwise) and THX speakers.