Auto lip-sync OK on the hi-End Model (1k?), but only manual adjust over modest range for the cost effective controller. "We don't need no stinkin' automatic stuff in the new entry level system controller (Model 980?) -- please." Just switching at HDMI 1.3 on 3 inputs (min) or 4 inputs (ideal) with one output. Extraction of audio stream into Dolby/DTS HD decodes and 8 chan audio also required on analog outputs. Also, modest flexibility on bass management and no balanced lines in or out please. Default 5.1 decode of streams from Dolby and DTS required and fiber input on at least a couple channels assumed (from the player or tuner).

No "big" added cost please on up-converting video. If the source output (tuner, HD DVD or BluRay players) or the receiver (TV monitor or projector) do not support, then we do not need to pay. New audio capability and 1920x1080p video support on the switching and control, and maybe, just maybe, up-convert to 1920x1080i for component output - if price point can be meet. Got to keep the new model (980?) at the $800 (absolute max $899) price point level out the door (of the website). For you rich guys (and gals) out there ready to shell-out $1500+ for a new box, let us in the "have-nots" crowd have something also. Outlaws - hold the line on the feature set for the new "lower cost" box (980?) - please.

When are we going to see it? I look at my e-mail every day for that big announcement from the OL's.
Thanks.