It's more than just product line-ups: HDMI v1.3 receiver chips were simply not ready until very recently, as all of the chip-makers' attention went to v1.3 transmitter chips once the spec was published (a little gadget called the PS3 needed that). You couldn't very well design the hardware without those chips, and the software development could only go so far without fairly final hardware to drive.

I've long suggested that we would see Outlaw HDMI v1.3 hardware no sooner than Q4 2007, with my realistic expectations landing somewhere in 2008. Depending on how everything goes, part of the decision that Outlaw may be faced with later this year is whether to push to be one of the first with HDMI v1.3 or whether to make sure that their first HDMI v1.3 product is solid (something that is of course possible but certainly not guaranteed considering the new layers of complexity involved). CEDIA is in September. By then, we know that we'll have a couple different Onkyo offerings on the market as well as a few other players in place (Denon, for example). That's also the time frame that the receiver shown at CES by Sherwood was projected to arrive. I don't doubt that we'll start seeing significant announcements at CEDIA, but whether those announced products will ship this fall is going to depend on a lot of variables. I tend to trust in Murphy to exert his full share of influence over those variables, which is why I still retain suspicions that we'll see a steady but perhaps slow trickle of HDMI v1.3 receivers and processors this fall. I hadn't heard specific word of Arcam, Theta, and Anthem having committed to a specific time frame for v1.3 adoption - where have you seen that?