As somebody who uses a computer as the music source, it is incredibly strange that there exist few products for just playback.

I could get an internal sound card that has good analog out, but no breakout box with volume or a headphone out etc... Or I could get a cheapo consumer creative audigy thing that does have a breakout box but with crappy software and connectors.

The other way to go is an external sound card connected via firewire or usb, however there are few available and those that are are usually for recording at live events rather than for playing music. So essentially, you are paying hundreds of dollars for the recording capability rather than for the playback.

What is needed, and I think outlaw could do very well, is to provide an external sound card via usb or firewire that is meant to for high quality music playback- for people who use computers as their music source. Stereo output in the back via 2 1/4 jacks, a headphone output in the front with a dedicated volume knob, and a master volume knob. Nothing fancy, just what is needed for music playback and in a box that is not only convenient but utilitarian so that no costs are wasted.

Throw some good DACs onboard and support up to DVD-A 192khz output and price it under 300 bucks and you guys will have an amazing niche product.