I would happily pay for a proper-length PDO, whether it was the same price or only a smidge more or less. Afterall, I am not paying for the 6 ft., I am paying for the performance and convenience.

Outlaw provides the performance--I have read cable reviews eluding to this, and convenience is built in, as you can order them at the same time as your components (and they are basically tailored for outlaw components). However, offering different lengths would increase that convenience.

I ordered all Dayton Audio cables, because www.bluejeanscable.com didn't have an optical (only coaxial), and Dayton has high build quality, different lengths (I ordered all 3 ft.), and the price is unbeatable.

I ordered a subwoofercable, an optical (glass with a nice binding, but a bit more expensive than outlaw's), 6 sets of RCA, a single composite, and two S-video cables, all for $150 shipped. I had considered www.bluejeanscable.com and outlaw's offerings, but I wanted all cables to be the same length and brand, and Dayton provided the best answer. You can find Dayton at www.partsexpress.com

--TDA