SoundOfMind raised some interesting points. I agree with some. For example I've never thought THX necessary or relevant. To me I think it's "hype".

Concerning video processing/switching: It's a nice convenience but to me it's not important. Sound is what counts for me. I can always get an outboard switccher if needed. Certainly many of us feed HDMI directly to the TV. HDMI for audio in is a necessary for the upcoming.

Concerning the paparemtric (or other) EQ: a nice idea, but I doubt that the pricepoint and direction for outlaw will likely make it inclusive. I wouldn't mind being wrong, however. To that end a processing loop or two would be nice and very inexpensive [if there is room on back panel]. Still, the EQ inserted between pre/pro and amp works well, and I think this must be the way yours is hooked-up. Mine is that way.

Though there has been forum discussion about deleting the composite and/or analog inputs and outputs I doubt (and hope) this will not happen. Having them is so helpful (and inexpensive) and many of us still use some of these. Only negative might be the real estate on the back panel, as other things are incorporated, i.e. not wanting the size to grow.

Concerning ZONE 2: for me this is such a big plus. In fact the wife was watching TV tonight, while I listened to a CD thru Zone 2 and my headphone circuit. I tried to HP jack and it works well, but kills the room audio. Additionally it limits the listener to dynamic phones. Now there's nothing wrong with those, but some us like our STAX electrostatic HPs.

Furthermore ZONE 2 gives me a feed thru to my DVD recorder for copying VHS and laserdiscs. I know I could use RECORD-OUT bus, but then I would have to have THAT program on. Zone 2 allows recording/copying while watching or listening to something else. If they want to transcode digital to analog that;s fine, but please let;s keep the analog, as they are so convenient.

Now here is something I would really like: While each channel can be trimmed/manipulated in the CHANNEL CALIBRATE screen it sure would be nice to have a front panel separate, indexed control for each. Still the volume control currently would be a master.

Just some ramblings from someone who feels audio is more important.
Millenium dts decoder;Digital Director
Players: Tascam CD01U/SonyCX455 x 3/DV955/BDP83
Old Sony 60" SXRD TV
Zone 2 (also liv-Room: listening to music while Mrs watches TV): Crown SL2 preamp/D40 Amp/Stax Headphones

My "Man-cave":
4 channel-only inline room. No TV (thank heaven)!!!
990/755/4-KEF 107s
Tascam CD01U/dts decoder/digital director
Alesis 16x4x2 mixer
Recorders Alesis HD24/ML9600/Crown CX844s/SonyDAT/Tascam DA38
Ham Radio Shack (KB1STH) ICOM/Yaesu/Drakes x 3