Random Musings...

I want a switch to change the rear speakers from surround duties to main channel duties. When I'm listening to 2-channel music I do NOT want some phony baloney surround scheme, I want full range pumping through the front and rear speakers.

I expect to run some passive Linn DMS (have now) in the rear for surround duties, and some active DMS (may buy) in the front. Or at the least run the passive DMS up front and maybe some full size Magnepans in the rear suspended from the (vaulted) ceiling. Room is about 19.5 by 21.

I say 'Screw it, I'm not going to spend 10's of hours moving my junk around fractions of an inch at at time. I want set and forget!' And furthermore, my junk needs to sound good everywhere in the room, not just in a space the size of a hatbox floating just above the center of the couch.

On the off chance that I somehow get a stick lodged where it can massage my prostate, then I'll turn off the rear speakers and pretend to be a statue in the 'sweet spot', all the while marveling at the . EDIT: can you tell I've had a recent frustrating experience with some 2-channel purists (read: suckhole losers)?

I've never understood the overwhelming desire many folks exhibit to 'hear what the recording engineer heard, or wants me to hear.' I say he can go sit and spin. I want to hear the music I want to hear, the way I want to hear it.

Another bottle of mulled vitriol at a later date.