Well, they pushed pretty dang hard to get v1.3 into the PS3 with just five months between official publication of the v1.3 spec and launch of the console. Bitstream output of DTS-HD MA and TrueHD would have seemed like an important thing to get right, but considering the compressed time frame it's certainly possible that there was some snag nobody saw until it was too late (particularly regarding DTS-HD MA, since that particular standard has been pretty late in getting itself ironed out). I'd be curious to see if that PS3 rumor is proven true. From what I've been reading in the last day or so, the BD-P1200 uses a newer chip that has just been rolled out. I haven't dug real deeply into that chip's inner workings, but the indications I've seen suggest that it should be pretty solid. So far, though, nobody else seems to have v1.3 players in or even reasonably close to production that I've been able to find, which just adds to the uncertainty. None of the HD-DVD players are trying to offer v1.3, which makes perfect sense since HD-DVD's have so far all been mastered in a mode that prevents bitstream output even if the player supports it - not much point including bitstream output support when all of your software is going to deny you that ability anyway.