baristaman,

I, too, used to think that the Bose speakers sounded good. I agree that if you already own them, and you like them, then don't listen to other people telling you they suck. I never owned them, but an uncle of mine does, and I used to think that they were the greatest things. Then, I got a good system. Now that I am used to the way that they sound, whenever I visit my uncle, I hear the system's shortcomings. Even my wife hears the difference.

This is not meant to be a Bose bashing, but I have to honestly believe that there is much better out there for the money. I think the Energy Take 5 or other similar system (Mirage, Atlantic Tech, NHT, DefTech) can cost the same or less and deliver more.

I think that someday, you will get some good, if not great speakers in your house, and after about a week of listening, you will wonder how you ever did it.

CBWills,

I would strongly recomend that you take your own demo material and insist that the Bose salesperson plays it. Listen very carefully for an extended period of time. Then find an Energy Take 5 or something and repeat the tests. Go home, do it again the following weekend. I would be surprised if you don't hear a difference.

Good luck, and let us know how it turns out!

------------------
Benjamin King
benjaminking@yahoo.com