Speaking of HDMI on surround processors, it's been interesting to see it start to happen - especially the manner in which it's happened. There's the Arcam DiVA AVP-700 (list price $2,200), which offers HDMI switching for video only (no support for audio over HDMI). There's the Audiocontrol Maestro M2 (list price $2,500 and just reviewed at Secrets), which also offers HDMI switching for video only (again, no audio of any sort over HDMI). Arcam's updated FMJ-AV9 offers HDMI, which I think includes support for audio. Integra Research's RDC-7.1 offers an HDMI card, if you can swing $5,500 for a well-equipped processor. So two of the four HDMI-equipped processors that I've seen this year don't offer HDMI audio support of any kind (making them functionally identical to the DVI switching on the $1,100 Model 990 and the $700 Model 970). Anthem should have the D2 out soon, which will add another option for HDMI with audio (although the prices I've seen batted around for the D2 have been way on up there). If the rumors I've seen about an AVM-40 and AVM-50 from Anthem pan out, there will be a couple more with HDMI audio as well, but even then the price of admission for HDMI audio in a processor will be far too close to $4,000 for my taste. It still goes without saying that HDMI 1.2 or higher will be a necessary feature on the Model 990's successor (barring something really unexpected, at least), but it's going to be a while longer before the 990's DVI switching stops making sense.