Honestly, most of the stuff the 990 doesn't address well for me wouldn't be likely to EVER be addressed at any price point.

I want to actively cross over 7 channels of highs around 250hz, to 7 channels of mib-bass drivers that are active from around 40hz to 250hz. Below 40hz or so I want to downmix the bass to stereo subwoofer arrays.

I don't see ANY mass produced pre/pro enabling that any time soon.

In all honesty, the one thing the Outlaw sucks at providing to it's users is prestige. In every other way I strongly suspect it is pretty excellent. Let's face it though; most of us like to be proud of our systems and having a big name silk-screened on there is a nice thing. If money permits, I'd rather drive a Mercedes than a Volkswagon.

The 990 is almost EVERYTHING I asked the Outlaws to do when the 950 came out, and for me it is precisely what the 950 should have been and as such I'm strongly leaning toward buying one when my media room is finally ready.

I'd like to see a digital high definition audio interface, but that's not up to Outlaw. I'd like to see a few tweaks, but really those are very very minor.

I guess I should bow out, if I have nothing useful to add?

A nice LCD would be cool. Maybe go with more premium analog parts. Enhanced automation capability. The Anthem AVM-20/30 really picks up where the 990 leaves off in many ways - look at the tweaks it has. But again, I bet most of those are a firmware upgrade away from being in the 990. But I doubt anyone at Outlaw writes that firmware though - it's probably contracted out or supplied to spec by the manufacturer.