I don't want a modular solution. This is my home entertainment system, not a toy. I want a 990 with a few MINOR issues addressed. In fact, I bet my list could be addressed with a firmware update.

If we're talking about science fiction wishlists, well, yeah, I have one. But I'm gonna satisfy those requirements with a set of 4 outboard active crossovers and a downmixer. And 22 channels of amplification.

Honestly, I think Outlaw has done a fantastic job of filling in their lineup The 990 is a solid, affordable piece and I find it hard to imagine a place where they could go very far upmarket without getting into diminishing returns.

Marketing is something they could probably work on though - maybe they should look into catering to installers and other channels.

On that note, I suppose an upgraded 990 (not a replacement, but a new upscale model to complement the existing 990) could offer improved automation features and maybe a bit more care on the analog circuitry choices to satisfy the Arcam fans out there.