USB is already there. HDMI wasn't on the current product for reasons heavily discussed on these forums and on the 990 FAQ.

As for the auto EQ stuff, after unpacking the unit and manually calibrating it, I don't see that it needs it. It sounds great and I do mean that, I don't give praise lightly, as it is.

Perhaps you should buy one and try it for 3 weeks. If you still don't think it was worth it, then return it. It's what the 30 day guarantee is all about.

One thing that should probably be restated, any feature requests that would require a major hardware change won't be seen for a few years at least. The 990 is a new product and as such won't be replaced for a while.

And by the time a successor for the 990 is ready, hopefully, BlueRay and HD DVD will be out and more mature and the HDMI specs won't be a moving target as they are now.

I also hope by then, all the various equipment manufacturers will have stopped being so connector crazy. The CE industry needs to be forward thinking when designing interconnect standards and not come up with crap like they did with HDMI that 1) don't have a positive locking mechanism and 2) are superseded almost before they are even released. It's just ridiculous.