Please keep in mind while we are talk about the card based archtecture as a wish list, which I am thrilled it has gotten so much interest, I would much rather the following items which I consider to be requirements to more quickly filter into next rev of the product:

Must have features:

• Automatic speaker setup with room correction / equalization and base management (Pioneer’s Advanded MCACC with phase control / Audussey MultEQ) and base management – I have lived with this feature for a little over 3 years now. Starting with Yamaha’s YPAO, a short lived stint with Denon’s Audussey MultEQ, and now Pioneers Advanced MCACC with Phase control. I believe Outlaws base management options (individual speaker bass management controls) to be superior to the bass management features on brands listed above but I Outlaws base management was combined with room correction/EQ I would have been sold

It was for this feature set alone that I didn’t buy an Outlaw 990.

After experiencing the dramatic effects these systems have on the overall sound quality I will never go back to a system without it. These systems seem to bring out the detail, increase the focus, add depth to the sound stage and just make the sound snap into place. Especially, since theater room has to share duties as a living room. Which I would believe to be similar to many buyers of the Outlaw products.

I will note that of the three systems mentioned above Pioneer’s implementation of the room correction/EQ software is by far the best implementation I have worked with to date. It is the most detailed in its configuration, offers 6 memory settings for slightly different EQ configurations which the user can scroll through from the remote while listen to any source. The Pioneer offering allows you to copy one room correction/EQ configuration to a second memory position and then make minor manual adjustments to all aspects of the room correction/EQ functions including speaker management and bass management. This feature is great for a variety of situations. One example is where you have a CD which is overly bright, you can create an EQ configuration for those recordings. All in all I love the sound produced by the out of the box automatic configuration.

One more note on the Room EQ and Correction software. Pioneer, Denon and Yamaha do not offer the room correction / EQ or bass management on the Multi channel analog inputs, which is a disappointment. It is understood that it would require another analog to digital back to analog conversion but, I believe the benefit you gain from the room correction EQ and base management will make up for whatever perceived losses there might be. If Outlaw could offer a user selectable option for analog to digital conversion on the multi channel audio inputs where room correction/EQ and bass management can be applied that would be hugely appreciated. There should be a method were by there is no loss in sound quality because of the digital to analog to digital conversion. If Theta, Meridian and Anthem seem do it, I would think Outlaw could do it as well at a very cost effective option.

• I,link, HDMI, and either USB or Ethernet connections for digital audio support - Of these connections i.link and HDMI are he most critical. i.link, if implemented correctly offers one of the best digital audio transmission options available. A gitter free digitial audio connection which can support at least 8 channels of lossless audio. It is already certified for transmission of both DVD-Audio and SACD.

Another benefit is with both Windows Vista and the newest MAC OS’s will support transmission of lossless digital audio via i.link (basically the receiver becomes a sound card at that point). As much as so many audiophiles may want to fight it, the PC has the ability to be one of the most enjoyable audio/videophile sources in your audio rack. Lossless audio, HD Video, with tons storage and i.link providing for that perfect connection between the PC and pre/pro.

HDMI with audio support is a given requirement. HDMI seems to be the digital AV connection of choice for the consumer electronics industry. Now with that said HDMI 1.2 support is a must as the format is already settled.

Also greatly desired is switching for at least 4 HDMI devices (4 in 1 out). Up/down conversion/transcoding from analog to HDMI is also a must. Please make sure the HDMI connections are full HDCP compliant.

It is the lack of the above features which keep me from buying the Outlaw 990 witch I would gladly upgrade to.

Just want to make sure these don't get lost in the conversations.

As you guys have probably read from other discussion theads. The 990 would be a no brain for many if it offered some of the above features. Especially with the already well regarded sound quality of the 990 and the fact it is a pro/pro at that price.