The problem with the 990 (or any other brand) is they become technology obsolete very quickly. This is bad for the company selling them as well as the customer. Why not make a receiver that is modular and issues like DVI go away.

Sell the base processor in a 2U package with optional addons like:

- 2U Tuner AM/FM today, Satellight tommorrow
- 2U Digital DVI Module, HDMI tomorrow
- 2U Analog SVideo/Composite Input/Output
- 2U Balanced Input/Output module
- 2U Gaming Module (PC)

That way the customer will always be coming back to you for new modules when new technology come out and people will be able to setup a base system with a 7100/Base unit for not much more than the 1070 will be.

Also, I don't care if I ever get a Tuner, but to someone else it may be very important. Others will want Balanced Input/Output. Some will want the "works" with 7 x 2U Monoblocks.

The point is, you don't have to keep retooling, and everyone would buy into company that plans to be there for them for years to come, with new and replacement modules.

Even if the Base Processor becomes obsolete, the balanced Input/Output module can probably be used for 15 years or more..

You could also have replacable faceplates which would still allow new modules to be connected to look like one unit, although tuner is about the only one I can think of that may need it.