That's some pretty stiff competition when you can hear one on the showroom floor whereas the Outlaw you have to just believe will sound better.

I came so close to backing out and purchasing something else 60 times over and giving up on the Outlaw 950/770 combo with the delays and the stir ups on the forums. Every weekend looking at certain other things ‘on the shelf’. To be perfectly honest the only reason I did not, and went ahead and took the shipment thinking 'well,...I can send it back'. was because of the sheer NICE of many people on this forum helping a new lost soul sort this business out. Since I had used resources on the Outlaw forum dime ...I felt I should go ahead and let the shipment roll giving them the courtesy of a demo.

IT has been my sole MOST satisfying purchase to date this last 12 months in AV. And believe me I purchased a lot, maybe not as compared to some 'every new model change over types’.... (Sometimes I went with last years model on a purchase for various reasons I factored) but I have truly been on a major binge.

I'm so glad the 'nice guy' in me decided to go ahead and give the Outlaw product a chance. It's been one of the best decisions I've made this year.

I don't expect this brand to mesh with everyone, But its been a glove fit for me.

The HK 525 (for me) would have had no-where near the power level I desire to get what I want to hear out of my speakers. And I am resistant to the ‘idea’ of using pre-outs in a receiver to beef the power. Unless I ‘already’ owned one, and it was the cheapest upgrade path availiable.

[This message has been edited by Smart Little Lena (edited December 16, 2002).]