I have some ideas to include in this. With the idea of using the remote to switch between inputs, what about having the learning function on the switching unit. This way , it's possible to switch with only one button.

Example, I am watching normal TV and now want to watch a movie. I press "DVD" on the remote and both the preamp/receiver and the component switcher read the same signal and switch to DVD. Then I want to play video games and press one button to change the input on both units at the same time.

The two units would have to be right next to each other so that the signal would hit both, but if the switcher is small, like the ICBM, then they should be able to stack on the same shelf fairly easily.

I think a small display showing which input is selected would be very helpful. Like what the 1050 and 950 have, could be smaller too. I'm not sure about the one AndersP suggested. It might only cost a little extra, but it doesn't really seem necessary. It seems kind of gimicky and that doesn't seem like Outlaws style. I don't really like having any extra lights on when I'm watching something either. Just so I understand what you're saying, you want a miniscreen of some type on the component switcher that would show the same picture that the TV is showing?

With the number of inputs, I think 5 or 6 would be good. There will be some inputs on the Preamp too, and not very many people with a receiver would have a lot of devices with component video.

The last thing is to keep the quality very high. Like that of many preamps costing three grand or more. I don't know about the quality of the 950's component inputs, but Outlaw kind of blows this scale with their superb price/performance ratio. Sacrifice gimicky things to keep the cost down somewhat, but keep the switching quality high.