Quote:
In wall speakers (sound bounces off the huge wall baffle and the drywall vibrates)
They're ~16' apart. (much too far apart to have any kind of imaging or soundstage quality in any way. Not even if they were angled in which you can't do 'cuz they're in-walls!)
One right next to a wall. One by an open area (making freq. response diff. between the two as one gets wall echo and the other doesn't).
Dual tweeters (as they play the same high freq. sounds that are smaller wavelenths than the tweeters distance apart the two outputs comb).

Actually this turns out to be not so.

I've been measuring this with a variety of signals and instruments (for verification) and in fact the response of all the speakers from anywhere on the sofa is identical within +1 -2 db. They are also flat to less than +-3 db with the exception of a minor peak around 6Khz that I'll be tweaking with a filter. This result is actually a lot better than I expected although it's of course far from perfect.

They of course have some early reflection issues on the wall I'm going to try to tame w/ foam but there's no way to really get it all. A few other things will never be right too, but overall it's going to be fine for HT and it was all I could do within the constraints I had. I have to live in here too.

As for 'toe in', any speaker with a wide enough directivity pattern won't really need it. It mostly provides visual improvement, although directing the radiation from a near wall can't hurt either. I'd think the Newforms would have a uniform enough radiation pattern to negate the 'toe in' requirement, but I'm not sure of course. As long as polar response is uniform you're golden.