Owl's you said -"Charlie, I usually agree with your technical approach as I tend to think that way myself."

He doesn't have any 'technical approach'. It only looks that way. Not only will he not 'listen' to this or any digital amp, but the 'facts' he just spouted out are just twisted and wrong.

Owl's you added -"However, to play Devil's Advocate, I also agree that sometimes simply hearing (or seeing) something perform you can sometimes find something unexpected."

I certainly don't believe in 'audio magic' where all these amazing things are happening but no one can logically explain why.
Why this amp is stunning it perfectly logical and backed up by real performance 'data' and it's use of patanted state of the art audio processing.

My point for mentioning the magazine review was to show that this amp not only sounds incredible, but it 'measured' stunningly also! I thought this would be what charlie was looking for in his sad little world of 'data'. Instead he responded with the biggest pile of lies I've ever seen in a single post.

He said -
"Maybe it's a breakthrough, but I notice the graph that's most common and would be most telling is omitted."

You are so blind. Did you even read the pro review I pointed out? It had several performance graphs! You must not have even seen it!

Bascically every single thing in your last post is so tremendously screwed up and totally wrong I can't even imagine where you dreamed it all up!?!? You know nothing about this amp.

"Putting it simply, the output filter that all class D audio amps must have will typically cause them to have frequency response problems on difficult loads."

Putting it simply... you're just flat out wrong and have no idea what you're talking about.

This amp is exactly the opposite of what you describe. In addition to you having no idea about what class D amps can and can't do, the ICEpower module works in a totally diff. way than all other class D amps, and the module itself does NOT equal the output result of the amp, and can not be used to 'guess' the actual amp's performance.
The test results of the actual amp in the review I mentioned CAN.

Read the review or shut up, because you are just a flat out lying Troll now.

The amp can play 230/380/550W (8/4/2 Ohms) w/ less than .1% THD+N. Dead flat freq. response well beyond an audible range. .009% THD+N @ 100W.

You're high if you act like this is anything but stellar performance, or anything like the typical '100-125W linear amp' you equated this amp to!

The reviewers even hit it w/ a .6 Ohm load!
Only a moron or Troll could say this amp can't play difficult loads. You can use it w/ ANY speaker on the market.

"Now a ribbon setup like yours might be an ideal situation for a amp like this, but I find it humorous that, after pointing out for years how badly 'cheap' amps perform on difficult loads the new hi-end darling apparently exhibits the same Achilles heel."

Totally moronic. It does no such thing! My speakers dips down to ~3.5 ohms. This Amp never has any problems at all. You're just an idiot.

Here's another very nice clip of total stupidity from you-

"Also an amp like this will put out about the same amount of musical power as a good 125 watt linear amp. This is because, by design, a class D amp has basically zero dynamic headroom. In theory it's no matter, since a class D amp can be so efficient and small, but the eAR is not really a super powered amp, particularly when the lack of headroom is factored in. It's not unusual for a 100-125 watt linear amp to have a dynamic output somewhere near 175 watts."

The eARTwo is 250W x 2 @ 8 Ohms... ~380W x 2 @ 4 Ohms moron! And can do this 'constantly' (as in NOT peak) and generating next to no heat. - in addition to it being faster and more accurate than any solid state or tube design.
Peak output current -~82Amps! 68V=5,500 Watt impulse!

"With the Newform R645s the eAR should clip somewhere around 113 db instantaneous peaks at 1 meter, or plenty loud but not outstanding."

The eARTwo would blow up my Newforms before it ever clipped. Your math is a joke. I'm sure you don't have any idea about my speakers either. And this from a fool w/ main speaker ~16 feet apart plus they're in-walls!? Get outta dodge.
You amaze me at how much you like to talk crap about things that you know nothing about. You've become a Troll, and I'm really sick of you.

Here's some comments from the article. I figured people could just go read it themselves, but some people here seem to have not read it and might believe charlie's lies...

"-the amplifier has superior treble which is both extremely easy flowing and yet super dynamic at the same time. With the eARTwo, the distortion is so low that we can only warn you: Watch your ears, because with this amplifier you might easily play loud -too loud!"
This is explained in more detail in the review.

Also-

"We have tested the amplifier with a number of loudspeakers, and the amplifier is not particulalrly influenced by the loudspeaker it is connected to. This is rather diff. from other switch mode class D amplifiers where the amplifiers have always played differently with a number of diff. loudspeakers. The eARTwo seems to be quite consistent in it's way of playing."

Anyone who reads this independant pro review will understand just how utterly wrong charlie really is. Too bad charlie didn't bother to read it.
The reviewers call it the best amp they've ever heard. They replaced $30K Mark Levinson monoblocks for this amp.