Well, there's no need to be mean about it.

I'm sincerely interested in this, but I've already proven to myself how unreliable my ears can be. Without going into the painful details I accidentally performed a blind(ish) test on myself and pretty much impressed the power of expectation upon myself. So to be sure I need proof. I know I can't trust my ears in sighted listening and I can't run a good DBT (time, patience, etc) so what I need are measurements.

Any audible improvement is measurable. The trick is knowing what to measure. I want to know what I should measure, what the high end guys have fixed.

I'm interested enough to spend considerable $$$ on test equipment ($1000-$6000) but I'm not going in without specific goals. Without goals nothing gets done.

If no one knows what's been fixed I'll really get suspicious, as I know how engineering works and there are always measureable goals. If not, it's not engineering.

The only options at that point will be to give up until I am able to do a proper DBT or someone else does the same. The problem with any listening test, even a DTB or ABX is that they don't generally show much except presence or absence of difference or preference. Then we have to sort out why.

Does that make sense to you?

PS -

My DIY are MTTM with 5.25 aerogels and a subwoofer dedicated to each channel.

[This message has been edited by charlie (edited August 20, 2002).]