Here's the test to do...
(just as I wrote in my last post)

Order the eAR250 and listen to it. If your processor and speakers don't suck (I don't know what you own), you'll hear a BIG diff. I can't say this anymore clearly.

You're too hung up on specs and tests. The problem is that we just can't do all tests that relate to sound quality. The test don't exist.
And the specs you read are simple generalizations.

Like I said.. most low-ish end solid state amps test damn near perfect in typical use, yet they don't sound nearly as good as a great high end model.

The good news (if you'll actually listen to what I've been saying) is that the real TEST is HOW IT SOUNDS to your ears. There is no better test than that.

You have yet to say what equipt. you own though I've asked a few times, so maybe you have very low end stuff that will not send a very high quality amp a good enough signal to let that high end amp really shine like it could otherwise.

Let me remove a lot of variables so it's VERY EASY to understand...
If you have the Outlaw 950 prepro and decent speakers that measure fairly flat and you have either the eAR250 (my preference)or PS Audio HCA-2 (since the thread's about spotlighting what the best in modern digital amps can do)and compare them to a typical modestly priced solid state amp you should hear a BIG difference.
If you don't, then at least you'll know that you'll never have to care about hi end sound because you're in capable of hearing it.

I really doubt that's true though.

If you want to try high end solid state amps then you should try the brands that I already said more than once -Ayre, Theta, Krell, Pass Labs.

My point about the tube amps is that not all amps sound the same, and tubes vs. solid state even in general easily makes this point. You didn't say what tube amp you have, but sounds like you think it sounds bad. At least I know that you've heard an amp that sounds different to all the other amps you've heard.
There are certainly many great sounding tube models out there, though I'd never buy one for the typical negatives of tube designs.

What speakers and front end do you use now???(processor/preamp/dac/cd player/transport, amps).