Charlie,

As Anders points out the sound quality of say Krell vs. Rotel is a BIG diff. yet when they drive typical speakers @ typical volumes their distortion 'specs' would both appear to be basically flawless (as most solid state do).

You seem to like the idea of a digital amp due to it's eff., but I can tell you that by far the most important attribute of my eARTwo amp is that it's sound is drop dead stunning!
An issue you continue to doubt is 'here yet' and not just a 'dream of the future'.

The ICEpower module IS pretty cheap (as are basically all the digital amp modules on the market.

The eAR amps have taken Peter Thomson two years to refine and perfect to the point they're at today, and their specs are first rate and very diff. from the raw ICEpower module.
This is NOT a decent power supply slapped onto a cheap dig. amp chip and then overpriced.
Is it as cheap as it could be? No, but he (like all the high end companies) don't do high volume sales and must price higher to pay for the R&D and low volume production.

He's well known for only using the VERY best parts in the world. In his speakers he was the first to use Scan Speak's 6 1/2" Revelator woofer. Krell was the second -though their speakers are $10K and $20K. Krell uses costly curves aluminum cabinets, but NOT $10-20K costly!
Peter uses conventional MDF but in a braced asymetrical tetrahedron shape for no internal standing waves or vibration (unlike the Krell) and perfect phase allignment (unlike the Krell). Peter also uses and designs his own x-overs from the best of the best parts.

The analog modulated ICEpower module was hand picked by him as the only digital amp that could have the benefit of digital amp's speed and analog amp's benefit of liquidity and purity of signal.
It's unlike all other digital amp modules.

His amps are most certainly in the low end price range of super hi-fi and will compete with any other amp on the market. No solid state or tube amp and been called better by anyone -at least so far.

Dynamics like solid state just can not ever switch fast enough to do.
Liquidity and purity of signal that only the very best of solid state can come close to, but more typically found in tube amps -that have horrible freq. response and poor dynamics, yet some swear by them because of the liquidity of sound.

The eAR250 is 110W x 2 and ~$2,000, and has money back guar. (as do all his amps) so if you really must continue to discount this amp's sound quality based incorrectly on the raw ICEpower specs (which though not spectacular are still the best of all digital amp modules), you need to buy one and compare it to your amp whatever it may be.
From day one (no break in), you'll hear for yourself how it smokes your current amp.

If you love music, you'll thank me for bringing it to your attention. I know I thank those that pointed me to this new amp.

The 'bigger brother' of same design the eARTwo has been called the best amp they ever heard by everyone online who's bought one.
Many people by now, and directly compared to Krell, Levinson, Oddysey (sp?), Pass Labs, BAT, PS Audio, TacT, Bel Canto, Norh, etc...

I swear to you it's stunning the reality this amp breathes.