As far as Outlaw is concerned, I have no idea if they have any interest in going that way with their line someday or not. There are digital amps on the market today, but your talking high dollar stuff. When I first started looking into HT, I ran into Bel Canto, and TacT. My memory’s vague but I think TactT had a 10 thousand sticker, with a ‘baby brother’ coming out soon, which would be marketed for less. I almost went with the Bel Canto line (a little less pricey). But backed off because I was too ‘newbie’ to be mucking with those prices, in an area in which I had so little knowledge and grasp of the ‘big picture’. Plus I LIKE getting technology for the least money. That’s why I’m an Outlaw..more bang for the buck. My Sony was a splurge cause I love my husband and he loved IT. I was very strict with myself buying computer guts, 2nd, 3rd generation and gloating over my savings. I need to get myself in hand because right now sometimes I get impatient and just buy what I can get my hands on TODAY. (Not my usual Modus Operandi either, but I’m strapped for time and gone a little nuts on A/V).
Azryan just purchased an eARTwo I believe he researched past the point I dropped it, so I’m not familiar with his. I think he’s hoping (as I) that Outlaw gets into them. It’s really an old concept, or as you wish, was a concept before its time. I think in the UK someone built one in maybe the 50’s or 70’s? But while the specs looked great in theory, the sound was not. With this new resurgence of manufactures starting to build them, the sound has improved and should continue that route. I think many of the orginal problems are licked.
Put any of the names listed in Aryzan’s post in your search engine and you can see the current crop. Don’t faint at the prices!
PS: I also dropped shopping a digital amp for me, because I wanted a digital 7.1 (multi-channel) amp, but last I looked no one had done that yet.(HINT HINT to Outlaw) You mainly see monoblocks or 2 channels.

[This message has been edited by Smart Little Lena (edited August 01, 2002).]