I think you're getting a little too far away from what I was saying. I'm talking about analog inputs vs. digital inputs on digital amps.

We both agree digital in would be preferable, but waiting on fully digital chain of ins/outs will be a long wait. Firewire's been around for years and could handle this chain, but it's just not being implemented... and firewire cables cost a lot of money IMO.
Digital inputs on a digital amp won't in itself mean better sound quality from the amp, and if fact the analog input section of these digital amps makes a huge effect on the sound quality (for the better) -much moreso than the clean, linear, efficient digital output section.

Check out PS Audio's info about their new digital amp the HCA-2, and the beta tester reviews. They describe how the analog input section is the 'sound quality' section of the amp.

Hate to mention it on Outlaw's forum, but when discussing one company's products, other products are gonna get mentioned now and then, and like I said, I'm suggesting Outlaw get into this coming amp revolution.