I've never dismissed anything. I've always said I was on the 'wait and see' bus. I did say I'm not dead set on 3 chip DLP (or anything else) until it's proven in the field, as I'm concerned about potential issues. I'm tired of being an early adopter. The one chip DLP stuff completely obliterates any realistic chance of misconvergence (which I realy really hate) an so in that respect I like it. The whole idea is kinda Rube Goldberg, but if it works I can live with it. All the FP system and the 65" Mitsubishi HD1 (?) I saw had some rainbows for me. Coupled with the other issues it seemed to me the technology was promising, but not ready for my $$$, thanks anyway.

I really want to see a SCR system with the appropriate light reclaiming technology someday. I suspect that if colorwheels ever catch on it will be this one that does it.

Quote:
This question you as JDB001 who doesn't have any idea.

Some English was used in the above statement

I'm not an expert regarding what JDB may or may not know. Sorry it offends you that I ask him a question. I guess this is what you're saying? FWIW I've never noticed any incorrect facts from him, although I have disagreed with a few of his opinions. There's that 'n' word again. Notice I said never noticed, as opposed to, well, you get it.

Quote:
Hmmmm.... that'd be just WHAT I WAS SAYING. It's not meant to be, nor does it need to be user servicable or adjusted.

And I never (!) disputed that although I do like to see quantifiable evidence. I did dispute the incorrect stuff you asserted though. Also the only service manual I read made it clear it was easy to get to those adjustments, plus the poster above didn't seem to understand much technically, so I'm not really sure. It might have seemed deep to him only because he was getting nervous ignorantly digging inside his projector. Not slamming him, BTW. Not everyone is a service tech, we also need salesmen, artists, janitors, etc. to make the world go around.

Quote:
Now you can say -"Never"!?

In respect to the number of times I've examined 3 chip systems for convergence error, sure. So?

Quote:
Oh, and Charile, and I see your post in the HT pic thread speaking favorably about 3 chip DLP.
Obviously it's NOT the 3 chip convergence you've been against.

Again, not against anything really. I don't like know it all posts that are propagating incorrect information, but it's not a crusade or anything. Just pointing out it's not certain to be 100% roses in 3 chip land. Whether it's better than a goofy spinning wheel I'm not ready to speculate. Time will tell. If the manufacturer is sure something will never (!) need adjusting after initial assembly they will often seal the adjustment. This says something to those who will listen.

Quote:
But of course i've already clearly defined what I mean when I speak of absolutes like these

Websters has done wonders for the clear exchange of ideas. Try it, you'll like it.

Quote:
And how you spoke so favorably about the Pioneer Elite CRTs was really funny since you've been calling CRT old news here over and over, and I made the recent comment about how the Pioneer Elites are the best RP CRT's on the market in this very thread.

Well, the fact that CRTs are old news is one of the good things about them in my book. As for your comment re Elites, I've been looking (admiring) the Pioneers for a long long time. It's pretty old news too. I thought you were a Mitsu guy?

You introduced me to GLV. Thanks for that.

Quote:
...A debate with you is pointless

Most debates are. Discussions are more useful.

[This message has been edited by charlie (edited December 05, 2002).]