Damn, you guys just don't get the point do you.

Charlie "I was hoping the adjustment was sort of a set it and forget it thing for most of these systems."
You weren't hoping for anything. You outright dismissed 3 chip systems based on you guess that they had convergence errors. I said the don't have any ever to get you to drop this non-issue or to go find out for yourself what the real world problems are. You sadly did neither.

"How common is it to have a visible but not glaring amount of error on these guys in the field?"

This question you as JDB001 who doesn't have any idea. He just pointed you to a link (to a site I've often mentioned for you to go to myself) where one person has some kind of convergence problem and isn't very specific about the details.

You'll find hundreds more posts on stuck DLP chips.

"After reading the link it seems like the adjustment is buried pretty deep, which would seem to indicate it is not a routine thing to touch."

Hmmmm.... that'd be just WHAT I WAS SAYING. It's not meant to be, nor does it need to be user servicable or adjusted.
'Real world' speaking it is VERY rare for convergence to ever need serviced. The chips don't move from the heating and contracting like you guess either.

Now you can say -"Never"!? I just can't believe that. But of course i've already clearly defined what I mean when I speak of absolutes like these, so you can play dumb and say 'See, I was right!", but you're not.

There's just no need for concern at all about 3 chip convergence... esp. compared to all the other real issues we could discuss. But that clearly a real discussion about displays will not ever happen here. What a waste of time.

Oh, and Charile, and I see your post in the HT pic thread speaking favorably about 3 chip DLP.
Obviously it's NOT the 3 chip convergence you've been against.

Oh, and you mentioning LCoS too... something I think you learned about from me here, and you still know next to nothing about.

And how you spoke so favorably about the Pioneer Elite CRTs was really funny since you've been calling CRT old news here over and over, and I made the recent comment about how the Pioneer Elites are the best RP CRT's on the market in this very thread.

Like the last thing you pretended to disagree with me about only to then practically use my exact words as your own elsewhere... I'm sure you'll say you heard this all somewhere else or twist my words around so they mean something else and then say I'm wrong. I've had enough of that from you though.

I'm sure you'll demand the last word on this so say whatever you want. A debate with you is pointless.