"OK. So must the convergence error be greater than 0.1 to be visible, or are errors smaller than 0.01 visible? You really didn't add any useful info here."

Well, you edited my statement cutting off the 'useful' part. That's pretty cheap.

I said -Well, again... you 'suspect' wrong. Like I said... lets' stick with the 'real world'.
Ask around. There's millions of LCD projector owners out there. And lots of 3 chip DLP theaters across the country.

I guess you don't think the actual real world application of millions of 3 chip systems having no visible color convergence error is 'useful'??? Why don't you go look at ONE. You challenged me on my experience with them, and I told you my exp.

This is the same pathetic debate I had with you over my digital amp.

Where you would not just go LISTEN to one to hear the diff. yourself and tried to hide behind your sad 'missing data' defence. These weak 'data' questions just aren't needed to see/hear the 'real world' results in 'actual application'. And you should KNOW this.

"Supposing they probably have adjustments (what I said) and saying they must absolutely have adjustments are two quite different things. Can you see that?"

That's just NOT what you said. You just flat out wrongly guessed they had adjustments and I corrected you. Plain and simple as that.

What's your problem with understanding this fact?

"Again, I'm not being intentionally combative, I just want constructive dialog."

I don't mind if you're being combative or not, but you're certainly not being 'constructive' when you can't accept the fact that 3 chip designs don't need alignment. They are prefectly alligned as far as what the human eye sees at any normal viewing distance. All your 'data' measurments and guesses are meaninless when you can just LOOK at one of these displays and finally understand what I'm talking about. But you wouldn't want to be proved wrong so you ignore this.

If you want to debate something meaningless like the possibility of seeing a tiny hairline of misconvergence if you walk right up to a screen and stare at the pixels then it's a pointless debate.

Like I stated in my previous post... In the 3 chip DLP theater I've seen (the biggest screen display of a 3 chip system you're ever likely to see) I can see pixels once I walk so close that I'm not at any kind of 'normal viewing distance'... and I still don't see any color fringing error.

In the typical sub 12' size screens in home use your 'convergence' issue is even more pointless.

And you ignored my question about asking what you want in a display.
I think that'd be the best topic to follow here since it's the heart of what we're all looking to get -A better picture.