I notice there is a lot of quoting and not much new. I'd really like you to address this:

Quote:
And color convergence problems due to a one chip DLP system is why many people (note- I didn't say 'all' OR 'most') have problems w/ rainbows with DLP.

How so?

Also:

Quote:
Not just at an atomic level. It is not uncommon in systems that have lots of thermal cycles to suffer stress related failures on the traces, devices and sockets. There is tremendous research on newer, lower coefficeint of expansion cicuit board materials for some classes of applications. Have you ever worked with really precision optics? I'm not talking small format SLR camreas either. I suspect the part of the board where the light hits the chips gets quite hot .... but who knows for sure? TI I suppose.

And while you're at it:

Quote:
How many 3 chip DLP systems have you viewed. More to the point, how many have you serviced? Can you even cite a source?

And maybe cite a source for:

Quote:
Well DLP color isn't digital .... Do you think the color wheel won't fade from this? It does.

And since we've already agreed (1) perfect alignment is unattainable and therefore it follows that some misalignment exists and (2) you assert it is not significant, can you support this by citing a source for or computing the actual amount of misalignment, or are you merely expressing your opinion it is not significant?

I'm OK with opinions (everyone has some), just not with opinions presented as fact.