Supposing they probably have adjustments (what I said) and saying they must absolutely have adjustments are two quite different things. Can you see that?

Your assertion:

Quote:
You said 3 chip systems .... must have adjustments to the convergence.

vs.

Quote:
If I were a betting person I'd bet the DLP theater systems have a convergence adjustment (maybe even a mechanical one) somewhere.

and

Quote:
Up to a point, but any time you have 3 optical systems there is the potential.

Also, be aware that adjustments can often take the form of an added step in 'final assembly' in the making of precision systems, which then become a potential area of re-adjustment later.

As I noted above, I doubt even modern manufacturing finds locating multiple devices in relation to each other with tolerances less than 0.0000055" (0.01 pixel error on HD2 chip) easy or simple. Magnify the need for precision by projecting the beam a few inches from a PCB to an prism/lens/etc. and the level of precision required is incredible.

Could it be done? Probably. Will it be done on a practical high volume of units scale? Tough to say.

Just out of curiosity, how big physically are the actual optical parts of LCoS and LCD devices?

Again, I'm not being intentionally combative, I just want constructive dialog.