"I'm not sure how much misconvergence one can see, but I suspect it falls somewhere between these figures."

Well, again... you 'suspect worng.
Like I said... lets' stick with the 'real world'.
3 chip systems look perfectly alligned to everyone. Ask around. There's millions of LCD projector owners out there. And lots of 3 chip DLP theaters across the country.

"I'm not here to win a debate. I'm here to discuss topics of interest. Maybe that's the problem."

If we disagree on an issue and we try to make points about how we're correct and the other isn't then we're 'dabating' these issues.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You said 3 chip systems must have convergence problems and they must have adjustments to the convergence.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wrong! Nice strawman, although a bit rushed. If you work into it more slowly you can sometimes get them to bite before you burn it down."

I answered this in my post above.

"Which is true. I've not seen any proof otherwise. If the system is carefully manufactured it my be a vanishingly small problem, but I don't know, nor do you, apparently."

But I do know. I've told you over and over that all LCD projecotrs are 3 chip systems and no one has any problems with convergence. That's the 'real world' proof.

"If you do, how much is the typical 3 chip DLP misconvergence? An answer of zero is the same as you don't know, BTW."

Ooooh, a 'trick' question. hehe. My answer is -"Less than the human eye can perceive at any normal viewing distance". If you say that's not 'perfect' enough for you then you're fooling yourself or trying to fool me.

"How many 3 chip DLP systems have you viewed. More to the point, how many have you serviced? Can you even cite a source?"

You've already made it clear you have NO experience with these systems so why challenge me when you couldn't pass your own challenge???

I certainly don't need to service any DLPs to make the points I'm making. You're just being silly now.

I've seen several LCDs and the 3 chip DLP system that floats around the local theater chain. Zero convergence problems to the human eye at any normal distance.

You'll see pixel gaps before you see color fringing -since I actually walked up to the theater screen to look at the pixel structure out of curiosity and there was no color error.

quote:
Well DLP color isn't digital... What do you think happens to that spinning color wheel that's being bombarded w/ a super high power/burning hot lightbulb 100% of the time when running?

Dunno - if I tried to answer I'd be guessing. Cite your source."

The color wheel's plastic film. There's no plastic that can withstand this level of heat and light without fading over time.

quote:
And color convergence problems due to a one chip DLP system is why many people (note- I didn't say 'all' OR 'most') have problems w/ rainbows with DLP.

"Do you know what color misconvergence is? It's not the source of the rainbow phenomenon. Unless you're somehow redefining color convergence as something applicable to the temporal domain."

I was trying to put it into simple terms that a color wheel causes color rainbow problems for people. This 'seeing color where it shouldn't be' could be called a diff. kind of color convergence problem though diff. from the 3 color overlay issue we've been talking about. Not too hard to understand it you tried.

quote:
Or maybe take my $3K 65" Mitsu. You don't like CRT I guess..., so tell me what would you want to make this set better in your opinion?

"I have a RP CRT and I like it fine. I don't mean to hurt you feelings about your set - I'm sure it's better than what I'm currently using. Feel better?"

Who's calling who childish and condescending? You must be joking. That last remark was as bad as anything I've written. I don't claim to be a boyscout, but you can't make that 'high road' claim either.

I also don't claim my set's the best display imaginable. I certainly loved the picture of the HD DLP FP's I've seen (though still had some minor rainbow problems). I saw a 3 chip LCoS JVC FP's that looked amazing.

"BTW - I find your condescending attitude childish. I'm sure you're better than that, probably just having a bad day. Have a drink or two and enjoy your HT."

See my comments above. P.S.... I don't drink, but hey whatever you need to help get you through your day. -heh

quote:
You're right about FP's, but then I made those points a few posts earlier. At least give me some credit by saying you agree with me before you just reword what I write ok?

"You're not the first or last to say this. Cope with it."

My point was that I just posted these ideas in this very thread only a few posts before you. That's very diff. from me claiming I was the first person to ever think of these points, but you'll twist whatever I say to try to make a defence.

[This message has been edited by azryan (edited November 26, 2002).]