CRT RPj and CRT FPj is not an issue. It does not matter the performance - they are to big and heavy - case closed. It's old tech on it's dying legs. If one does not have crane to install it or an extra 10 - 15 sq. ft. of space and a blank wall to give up permanently, which is the case with a majority of installations, then CRTs are a moot point. The only reason they exist is it's 50 yr. old technology that they know how to make for a few hundred bucks, and the buyers are unaware of alternatives. Front projection technology should be pushed and pushed hard - it is the future. Maybe plasma, but I doubt the price will get reasonable anytime soon for the 50" and more screens (and the technology is inherently heavy). Anything smaller is just a "big TV" and only verging on the theater experience. RP (box) DLPs and LCDs are OK if only to get the volumes up and cost down. I saw one of the new Samsung RP DLPs at Best-Buy the other day for around $3K using the new 1280x720 chips. Product volume is an issue, but you can't tell me that a "dinky" in size FPj at less than 1/20 the size should cost three times the price. We need for Sony to field a new "diffraction ribbon" system and get some competition going with DLPs. CRT Pjs are only for bidding time - not future market relevant.