I tend to agree with Charlie - there will be some convergence problem, even if the combined beam is through a single lense, it must be aligned at the start to over-lay correctly. But it should not be much of a problem with careful design and reasonable quality components in the projector light path, i.e., hold down the plastic content. For a home projector limiting the screen size to 70" - 120" diagonal I'll bet it could be done without expensive labor to align the system - no alignment necessary. A clean, simple design, straight-forward rectangular case, 3 chip DLP at 1280x720 would start to be worth the $10K+ being extracted for the current single chip "spinners" that do not even use the newest SCR wheel technology. The headache crowd would not have anything to complain about other than maybe the lack of full HD horizontal and vertical resolution. Full HD resolution in a projector - now I could go for that - a 3 chip DLP at 1920x1080p for $10K. The promise of "true" HD in the home without the projector being as big as the couch (as in CRTs).