JDB001,

As the instigator of the digital amp threads, I have to say you're just flat out wrong. As I've already written here already...

The eARTWo digital amp sounded FAR better than the other digital amp I already had, and two other solid state amps I owned (and still own).
There are lots of these same remarks and direct comparrisons to lots of great amps on the HDforum. Including it being called better than $30K Mark Levinson Monoblocks, the $10K TacT Millenium, Krell, Jeff Rowland, etc..

If you think all these amps sound just like Outlaw's or Rotel's you're wrong.
And man I WISH it were true!!
I wish my $200 Axiom bookshelf speakers in my bedroom sounded like my Newform Research 45" ribbons, but they just don't.

If you haven't heard them... don't claim I'm wrong.

I'm not made of money and it really kinda hurt to part w/ what the eARTWo cost me, but the diff. was clear and obvious, as the diff amps were the only variable in the mix.

If not I'd have just kept using the $350 solid state amp I own right???
I had no interest in spending lots of money. I didn't buy it to impress you or anything.

That was what the first digital amp was supose to be -all the benefits of digital amps, but pretty low price). It just wasn't nearly as realistic as the eARTwo. It was really obvious how dry and processed the first amp was compared to the eARTwo. Before the eARTwo, I really liked the other amp too!
I just read that the eARTwo was SOOO great, so I thought, it can't hurt to hear for myself if this is all just silly audio voodoo kinda talk (like you seem to be acting like here).

Even my wife (who's not into audio like I am) totally agreed with what I heard, and I told her if she didn't hear a BIG diff that I'd send the eARTwo right back. And I would have. It cost too much to have it only be "a little better", or "hard to tell but I think it's probably better?" Anything like that and it woulda got shipped right back.

She agreed that the diff. was BIG.

It would've cost me ~$30 to send it back if I didn't want it, and get full moneyback refund. Designer Peter Thomson's great to deal with and emailed me answering all the questions I asked in great detail. Some too much detail that was over my head engineer-wise -since I ain't one.

You should try it before you make opinions about what you haven't tried. The eAR250 is cheaper.

My Newform Research are pretty eff. speakers too (~91db) so NONE of the amps come close to clipping ever.

And I'll agree that they all list their specs as showing basically zero distortion, but clearly these specs aren't as accurate as you'd like to believe. What's the spec for the S/N ratio of the 950 say?

As to DLP FP's... As Iggy stated... your numbers are off.

If they were right, obviously Outlaw would be making exactly what we'd all like them to make at the price you claim they can make it.
They said themselves a looong time ago that they wanted to make a FP, so it's not like they just don't want to anymore.

Infocus, Plus, NEC just make and sell them about as cheaply as possible.

Maybe Outlaw could go a little lower somehow in making only one specific Outlaw model, but not cheaply enough to keep it from being a BIG risk for them.

Within 6 months the 'big boys' would be able to match Outlaw's price for sure, and 6 months later beat it or offer better performance for the same cost. They already do this without Outlaw trying to compete with them.

New projectors come out VERY fast from the 'big boys'.

That fast turnover in product is certainly NOT what Outlaw is looking to compete with.
Again... something I stated a long time ago here.

Look at how they still haven't updated the 1050. It's still great of course, but there's cheaper more fully featured Recs. that have been called as good sounding or better.