Heh,
I wanna hear it too!! I'm going to be mating it to my Outlaw 950, but I'm almost afraid to tell that to people outside this forum!

A very hi-end amp like this should only (IMO and many others) be conected to a high quality passive preamp, and killer DAC/transport. IOW, some very snobby 'audiophile' gear! I'm not that rich yet! -heh

I'll probably get ripped apart for mating a low priced A/V pre/pro to a mint state of the art amp.

No offence Outlaws. I like my 950, and it's a great price, but it's not 'super clean' HI end, but neither are other more costly A/V pre/pros.

Can't buy it all at once though!

I missed it before but it looks like you're looking for ~60" picture?

That's CRT RPTV 100% IMO. You said you just saw a Mitsu 65". That's just what I have (though they make diff. 'levels' of them).

The best you can get are probably the Pioneer Elite's, but they SO costly, I just can't find them worth it. Toshiba makes good sets too. For much cheaper than the Elite's you could get one of the Tosh or Mitsu. and pay a few hundred bucks to have an ISF tech guy max it out. That'll look better than an Elite set up on your own.

I haven't bothered w/ that myself though as I'm totally happy w/ my Mitsu.'s picture -much better than the Plus Piano DLP front projector I had for 10 days, not that the Piano is bad or anything, just for the exact same price it was a slightly bigger, but poorer contrast, less sharp, high future bulb costs, and my wife and I saw color wheel rainbows w/ it. I'm VERY glad I didn't buy it when they had a no refund policy!
DO NOT buy a color wheel system unless you can return it -in case you see the rainbow efect.

The only real flaw w/ my picture is that lots of junk on local digital TV is encoded like crap, and sat. TV wasn't meant to be blown up that big.

Sadly, dull PBS 1080i loops are the best things ever seen on my set.
The best of DVD's in prog. scan (480p) look almost as good though, and much better than a movie theater. Like a perfect day one film release!

Don't let someone tell you front projection looks more film-like than rear projection either. They're just biased, and narrow-mindedly thinking 'cuz movie theaters are front projection, then that must be the best for at home too.

Remember -a movie theater ISN'T a worthy "point of reference" for picture quality, and ESP. not for sound quality.

You can probably find a great 65" for ~$2,500 now. Under $2,000 for ~55"-60".

As for audio... I'll probably never stop trying for better.

I really think DLP or LCoS (liquid crystal on silicon) will be the future along w/ fully digital inputs (looks like new FireWire "B" should be that input IMO).

The new DLP sets coming out should be great, but they're still overpriced. Slowly CRT sets will be fazed out when DLP or other microdisplay designs finally hit CRT prices and below.

Some people love how Plasma sets look, but personally I think they have a poor fill factor (screen door effect around the pixels), and I don't trust their life span.
They're VERY overpriced IMO too.

If you like a direct view picture though and want bigger, Plasma's probably the closest 'look'. Very un-film-like IMO, but maybe not yours?

In FP, Panasonic (I'm pretty sure) is making some VERY cheap units that use LCD if you want a much bigger than 65" picture for the same price. The pixel fill factor is poor, and contrast stinks compared to a 65" CRT though, but some people just want BIG -and for cheap.

Plus you have to worry about continual bulb cost, minor fan noise, additional screen cost, proj. mounting, long cable runs from video players, etc...