Good Morning All,
I've read this entire thread in an attempt to further my video education. I'm currently reading all of the information I can find on current and thoretical technologies pertaining to video. Quite a daunting task! I appreciate all of the views, both objective and subjective contained herein.
After all of my continued searching, I still come to a few conclusions that I just can't get past. I'm hoping you knowledgeable video types can help me. Even with all of the improvements to FP and RP systems, I still find the images darker than I'd like, the viewing 'sweet spot' much smaller than I'd like, and the pictures just don't 'seem' as sharp or accurate as tube systems. I just haven't seen an RP or FP system that compares to a tube system. The only time that I've seen an FP system that I was impressed with, was when I was doing a show in conjuction with a GE Light Valve projector with a 40', yes foot, image. And still we had to dim the room lights.
I would love to have a 60", or so, image to put into the room that I'm designing. the problem is that when I do a side-by-side comparison between RP, FP, et.al., and tubes, there just is no comparison!
Please provide me a list of your favorite products and configurations as I'd like to go see them for myself. I'm sure that I'm just not looking at the right gear. If you would, please include varying price levels so that I can see both what is possible and what is practical.
I very much appreciate your help on this. If I can be of any assisstance on the audio side, please don't hesitate to ask.
Mix