TI's scanning spiral color wheel should pretty much eliminate the need for costly three chip systems.

Again... Avi doesn't know that current color wheels eliminate rainbow effect for most people. He just thinks it's probably true. I'll keep correcting you on this as long as you keep telling people this.
No one's ever done a large scale test of it. Most people have never even seen a DLP projector.
My and I wife saw rainbows like crazy on the Plus Piano (which is what Avi has). My wife had no idea what the effect was until I explained it to her.
Some people don't see rainbows until they find out about them and then they notice that they're there.

Like if I point out a crack on your windshield that you didn't notice, and then it bothers you every time you drive your car.

Avi said - "Potential for slightly quieter operation (the color wheel makes a high pitched noise in some single chip designs).

What current projectors have color wheels that are audible? I say none.

Fan noise... now that's an issue, though it's almost nothing in rear projection, and only slightly louder in most current HT DLP FP's.

Face it Outlaw ISN'T going to make a projector. There's nothing stopping Outlaw from making one, othre than they probably just don't want to get into the video market yet (if ever), and the fact that companies like Plus and Infocus and Sharp already make very low priced systems that outlaw probably couldn't match in price/preformance. It's just seems to not be thier field.

This thread is VERY VERY OLD. Give up.
If anyone want one, just go buy one. Don't wait for Outlaw to make one.