Avi, you crack me up

How small is your tiny basement home theater that you can have a 84" 4:3 screen, but a 2' deep 80" RP would 'dominate the room'?
Do you always roll up your screen because it 'dominates you' when nothing's on?
I bet your screen doesn't even roll up.

A black RP screen looks better when off then a white or gray FP screen too IMO.

And on top of that, I have a decorative blanket I hang over the screen when off to absorb the rear reflections from my speakers which greatly improves sound quality when my HT is in 'audiophile mode'.

Hard to do that w/ a FP screen. Roll up version or not. You may think that's off-topic, but a display's only a part of a HT chain, and every link interacts with eachother and can't just be ignored as if it's a 'diff. topic'.

If you could have a GIANT screen in your HT that looked as good as your Piano (or better) it would be a better HT in your mind.

But say that screen covered so much wall area that you had to place small bookshelf speakers on your floor to have audio, you would NOT be improving your overall HT system. All the 'links in the chain matter.

You say you're not going to go off topic anymore because you don't like my comments on a $3,000 HD-RPTV being better than you $3,000 FP and have nothing to defend yourself judgement with.
But then you proceed to mention your website and reviews of projectors from the show you went to.

How's that NOT ANY LESS off topic to an Outlaw projector thread??

This thread's main topic has run it's course loooong ago (that being the suggestion LAST YEAR that Outlaw make a digital FP, and Outlaw obviously not having made one), so who cares about how the topic has slightly drifted now?

I'm stating how FP in general (from Outlaw or otherwise) is worse than RP in most respects other than size -though not even that in your small 4:3 screen case.

And since you mention you web site and posted a link, I checked it out -despite it not being this thread's topic either.

I got cracked up again when I see the' askavi' question on the main page.
The question is asking about 'big screens' and when to jump in since the technology keeps changing.

In your now clearly narrow front projection only view of the phrase 'big screen' (a term almost always refering to RPTVs) you don't mention screen sizes, distance from screen, or RP vs. FP features and flaws.

No, instead you describe what kind of FP you can get for diff. levels of money, and nothing more.

I like this qoute "Up your needs to full, native 1080i HDTV resolution (1920x1080i, which requires a 1920x1080 progressive-capable device), you have a much longer wait, as I know of nothing coming on the short term horizon."

Uh... no you don't need a 1080p system to display 1080i -only in your narrow digital microdisplay only mind is that true.

My $3,000 'big screen' Mitsu. you're probably sick of hearing about DOES do 1080i. Well, to be fully honest, not quite full 1080i from the 7" CRTs, but close enough for it's size and my seating distance for it not to matter if it could do 100% 1080i.

Too bad you either didn't know this, or decided to NOT let the questioner know about the better contrast, price and resolution of HD RPTV's, and only mentioned digital FP systems.

Very nice propaganda.