Glad someone read the note. It appears no one is concerned about projectors -well ok only two of us.

No, I'm not kidding. Read your response carefully. First you say I'm nuts, then you proceed to essentially agree with my points on projectors - design, performance, and cost.

The current projectors available are not the same as I outlined. The Infocus ones you mention are data projectors. They make the Screenplay 110, but it is the same as my lower cost projector (as outlined above) and the retail price varies from $4800 - $5000, more than twice the cost necessary (with DCDi chip). Yes, twice the cost, and that is the point. If we are buying over the WEB direct from the manuf., site unseen, the spec's have to be there and the product has to work - without the dealer margin to cover store front and personel cost. Most of the $2500 - $3500 projectors out there are for data, without quality video circuitry, and with a 30-50% dealer margin. Many of the alleged HD ones are 1024x768 previous generation DLP chips and control circuits with the original slow color wheel. Now, I concede that 480i, 480p, 720p, and 1080i compatibility are all that are needed if the sources are correct, and 720p and 1080i source do not need video correction (except maybe 3:2 pull-down - not realy clear on that), but 90% of the material now and for the next several years will be DVD, and they need it. Correction could be (and must be) in the DVD player for 480p out, but external video processors for $1K - $3K should not be necessary for a good picture.

Review the spec's of available projectors that are close to my outline. The normal price is $10K and above. It's not for some special technology or design (granted the Runco, SIM2, etc, stuff looks nice if Italian design is your thing), but rather for over-head mark-up at the dealer. I assume that most of us who would buy from the Outlaws would not have the dealer person come to the house to plug it in and demo the remote control.

The most important point (and obviously I did a bad job making the case in my original note) is that building a good product that actually meets the specification and ships to customers is a major acomplishment today. Much of the electronic product out in the world today was described in a marketing plan and blown out by volume manufacturers in the East somewhere. When it actually arived at the customer it "kind of" worked OK. If the Outlaws make the projectors I outlined and delivered them for the price, then that would be a big deal - good for Outlaw's customers, and a product that 90% of their competitors do not make.