That Pannie's LCD I think, and has some minor pixel screendoor issues.

I bought the Plus Piano when they had thier 10 day full refund trial offer. Glad I did it then, 'cuz I saw rainbows with it. Not much, but they were there. My wife saw them like crazy. And I didn't mention the 'rainbow' effect to her 'cuz I heard people have a better chance of seeing them if they know to look for them.

Sound&Vision declared this proj. 'rainbow free' in the issue that came out the same week we got it. Wrong again you morons. And this was the fastest DLP color wheel out at the time (maybe still the fastest?).

The image quality was great sitting at about 2.5x screen width. I defocused the lens just a hair to give me zero screen door effect.
Watched Moulin Rouge (sp?) on it. Silly MTV video movie IMO, but looked GREAT -minus the rainbows and not true black blacks (the room had white walls at the time, but zero lights on).
The B&W classic Citizen Kane looked very good on it too.

Sent it back (the rainbows drove my wife nuts, and they would've probably annoyed me a lot more over time too) and spent the same exact 3 grand on a Mitsu 65" HD-RPTV.

Far better black level /contrast, no huge bulb costs to think about, full HD resolution, looks far better in daylight, Zero pixels at ANY normal distance, and since it's ~3' closer to our couch than the 80" screen (we had attached to the wall) I used for the Piano, the picture's not really much smaller than the Piano's either.

Note, you can use as big a screen as you want w/ thePiano, but Plus says 80" for best picture and because of the low light output I wouldn't degrade the picture just to make it bigger in my opinion either.

The same Moulin Rouge DVD looks a tiny bit less filmic on the Mitsu (probably because of the better contrast rather than for any real negative reason). The black level has much more depth, and I don't have to plunk a quarter into the 'bulb jar' every half an hour like I would have to do with the Piano.

Projectors need to have the brightness to handle a very large screen and moderate daylight use, very long bulb life, great black level, and HD resolution in a price that rivals the current HD-RPTV's on the market. It can't be done yet.

I wanted a digital proj. for a looong time, but by the time the price came down and the performance grades went up (in the form of the $3K 80" screen Plus Piano) it still couldn't beat the $3K HD CRT RPTV I ended up with a few days after the Piano got shipped back.

Now I want an 80" digital microdisply RPTV next (be it DLP, LCoS, or whatever)!
Pretty huge black box width and height-wise, but should be pretty shallow depth-wise and fairly light.

It could even be a 'tabletop' style model -meaning that you could use your own stand for it which could be equiptment shelves for extra great use of space.
Bulb life should be really good compared to CRT life, and it should be great in daylight use just like any RPTV is.

Probably not a very good internet sold product though for Outlaw. I think I've given up on front proj. though at least for now, it's still playing catch-up unless you want to spend a LOT of dough or live with a LOT of compromises.