As many others have stated, 10K is just too much for most people.
I think Outlaw's amp, receiver, and other proposed 'new' products are all along the lines of creating a rep. for high value products that also have an outstanding base level of quality.
A 'high value' projector along these lines would be under $5K tops.
16:9 native (-duh), have a sepp. hi-qual. scaler/input module (avail. as projector only or an Outlaw combo deal for plug-n-play people and HTPC tweakers), with one digital cable run to the projector.
Only equaling the contrast and brightness levels of current systems under $5K would be good enough.
Obviously 500:1 or 1500 lumens isn't perfect, but that's plenty good enough for a budget high quality system. We can't ask for everything and still want it to be 'budget', but most of us WILL ask that it be 'budget'.
Three-Five Systems makes a LCoS chip that's can do 720P. A later model could use their newest chip that can do 1080P!
I've seen too many stuck DLP pixels to trust them enough. LCoS (like JVC, Three-Five, Displaytech uses) sounds like the far cheaper than DLP, yet equal quality route.
Lastly, bulb life is a huge concern since that'll double to triple the cost of a budget projector.
I just read that a company is gonna be using one white CRT tube as a light source to get a 25,000 hour 'bulb' life. If that's true (you know rumors) and'll work... uh... use that!
Since portability shouldn't be a concern with most of us looking for a perfect budget F.P., a fairly smallish, fairly light 25,000 hr. CRT-as-light-source system wouldn't be at ANY disadvantage to a 3.3 pound portable with only 1000-2000 bulb life.
-Or if white LED as a light source is possible, look into that. Though I think that one's waaaaay down the road (for now).

Outlaw has a chance to jump into this segment at the begining. CRT F.P. has always been too costly and huge for most people, and the microdisplay systems are still almost all designed for buisness use. Yamaha, JVC, InFocus, NEC... they're all just starting to take a crack at the huge home F.P. market. Beat 'em to it!!
Don't let people here discourage you from doing this, saying, -"$10k... then don't do it!".

Under $5K, you can do it!

-sermon ends