Outlaws: I think you have an excellent mission statement for a new home theater projector. Here are my thoughts. I'm not sure what you actually mean by "affordable system price". I guess it depends on the market you are trying to tap. If it's the same market as the one your 1050 receiver is aimed at I would expect an affordable price would be the 3-5k range. The consumer profile would be someone who wants to be able to display DVD's at their best resolution and display HDTV at the "common" resolutions. Now, I'm going to ruffle some feathers, but here goes. The projector should not require "add-ons" to get this quality. HTPC's, external scalers, anamorphic lenses are the tools of hobbyists and serious enthusiasts. They represent a niche market. The best analogy I can think of would be the difference between those that buy a receiver and those that buy monoblock amps, preamps, tuners, etc. If your market is those that buy receivers, then the projector should be "plug & play". Those are my thoughts and I look forward to more information as it becomes available.

[This message has been edited by David James (edited March 19, 2001).]